PB&J Challenge:

This video shows how important it is to be very precise in giving orders or writing down instructions. For example, manuals are very important when it comes to instructions because if they are vague and understandable, the person who is assembling the product won’t be able to execute the instructions as they are meant to be. Being precise in your writing helps the readers understand your point of view whether it’s in a paper, argument, instructions, and anything else people have to speak to one another in. Even in our daily lives, for instance asking for a screw driver to unscrew a specific bolt, a person can’t just say “give me the screwdriver”.  This video relates to our technical description assignment because in parts of this assignment such as the components and explanation sections, we will have to be very precise about our writing to send the right idea to the reader about how this product functions. Yes this video changed the way, I view technical communication because the video shows how that if you are not precise enough with your instructions, people can misunderstand you. In conclusion, in this upcoming assignment I should try to be precise in my writing to send the right idea of what my product does and how it functions.

Description:

This assignment was very fun to do because I got to watch a video of how the kids had to be very specific about writing instructions for their dad in order for him to make the sandwich. This assignment was supposed to show us how it was connected to our upcoming assignment, the Technical Description assignment. It helped give us a point of view of how we should be very specific when we write our assignment.